• OS Book Index
  • Hastingleigh.com             A Genealogy Website /One Place Study                                                                                                      Contact e-mail            


    Ordnance Survey - Name Books for Kent Parishes 
    This list is for place names on OS Map Kent No. 55 South West 25 Inch Scale,
    (including parts of Boughton Aluph, Challock, Eastwell, Kennington, Westwell and Wye)
    This Name Book was first compiled in 1906.
    In 1938-1940 updates are noted in blue, after a revision of selected maps .


    INDEX for this Volume

    NAME

    PAGE

    .

    NAME

    PAGE

    Alders  

    9

    Pear Tree Toll  

    3

    All Saints' Church (Vicarage)  

    5

    Perry Court  

    8

    Aviary Wood  

    2

    Pilgrims' Road  

    3

    Boughton Corner  

    6

    Plantagenet's Well  

    6

    Boughton Court  

    6

    Podberry Wood  

    13

    Boughton Lees  

    6

    Raven Toll  

    1

    Bewhouse Farm  

    7

    Reading Room  

    7

    Brickkiln Wood  

    8

    Rectory  

    18

    Castle Farm  

    10

    Rectory Plantation  

    18

    Deer Park  

    1

    Rectory Wood  

    14

    Dogkennel Plantation  

    14

    Rook Toll  

    18

    Duke's Spring  

    14

    Running Water Plantation  

    16

    Eastwell Court  

    12

    Sandhurst  

    10

    Eastwell Lake  

    13

    Sandhurst Farm  

    9

    Eastwell Park  

    1

    Sandhurst Plantation  

    10

    Eastwell Park  

    2

    Sandyhurst Lane  

    23

    Fair Lawn  

    5

    School  

    7

    Flying Horse (P.H.) [public house]  

    7

    SE & CR [South East and Chatham Railway
    Ashford, Canterbury & Ramsgate Branch  

    22

    Gas Works  

    7

    Shoddington  

    10

    Giddyhorn Toll  

    1

    Skeat's Wood  

    2

    Goat Lees  

    12

    Spring Grove  

    20

    Hallsland Lodge  

    12

    Spring Grove Brick Works  

    20

    Harville Plantation  

    22

    Spring Grove Farm  

    20

    Home Farm  

    17

    St. Mary's Church (Rectory)  

    2

    Jack's Hut Wood  

    3

    Supposed Pilgrims' Road  

    5

    Keeper's House  

    14

    The Alders  

    19

    Kempe's Corner  

    17

    Tile Lodge Wood  

    13

    Kempes Hall  

    17

    Tower Farm  

    17

    Kennington Hall  

    18

    Tower Lodge  

    11

    Kennington Lees  

    16

    Tower Wood  

    13

    Kingsland  

    9

    Ulley Farm  

    19

    Lake Wood  

    15

    Walnut Tree Farm  

    5

    Lenacre Hall  

    14

    Well Wood  

    5

    Mission Room  

    8

    White Hill  

    6

    Old Rectory  

    16

    Wilmington Farm  

    19

    Old Rectory Plantation  

    16

    Wise's Wood  

    8

    Old rook Toll  

    1

    Wye Race Course  

    22

    Park Barn Farm  

    19

    Wise's Wood  

    8

    .  

    .

    Wye Race Course  

    22





    NOTE: 1 chain =
         20.12 metres in length
    or 66 feet in length
    or 22 yards in length

    10 chains is a furlong, 80 chains is a mile,
    One acre is 10 chains x 10 chains.

    This Map "Kent No.55 S.W." was published in 1908 by the Ordnance Survey and a copy of it can be seen on the following external website link for the National Library of Scotland:

    [CLICK  HERE]

    This Map "Kent No.55 S.W." was
    re-published in c.1946 after the revisions collected from 1938 and a copy of it can be seen on the following external website link for the National Library of Scotland:

    [CLICK  HERE]




    Names collected & entered by G.F. Sleeman TCA - June 1906
    Name etc as altered & initialled inn red by J.I. Buckland, Lance Corporal Royal Engineers - July 1906

    PAGE

    List of Names as written on the Plan

    Various modes of Spelling the same Names

    Authority for those modes of Spelling

    Situation
    Sheet/Plan/Trace

    Descriptive Remarks

    1939-40 Updates

    1

    Giddyhorn Toll
    [In Roman Print font]

    Giddyhorn Toll

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/1

    Applies to a wood situated about½ mile North of Skeat's Wood, the property of Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park, Ashford Kent

    1

    Eastwell Park
    [In Italic Capitals font]

    Eastwell Park

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/1,6

    Applies to a well wooded park situated about 4 miles North of Ashford & 3 miles West of Wye, Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    1

    Deer Park
    [In Stump font]

    Deer Park

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/1,6

    Applies to the greater part of Eastwell Park in which Deer are kept. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    1

    Raven Toll
    [In Roman Print font]

    Raven Toll

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/2

    Applies to a wood situated about ¼ mile North West of St. Mary's Church. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    1

    Old Rook Toll
    [In Roman Print font]

    Old Rook Toll
    Change of Name
    Rook Toll
    Obsolete

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/3

    Applies to a wood situated about ¾ mile East of Raven Toll. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park.

    .

    2

    Skeat's Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Skeat's Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/4

    Applies to a wood situated about ½ mile North of Dogkennel Plantation & 52 chains North West of St. Mary's Church the property of Lord Gerard.

    2

    Aviary Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Aviary Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/5

    Applies to a wood situated just South West of St. Mary's Church. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    2

    .

    Eastwell
    Omit this being no Parish Village

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/5,6

    Applies to a church & dwelling house situated on the north of Eastwell Lake. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Prk

    2

    Eastwell Park

    Eastwell Park

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/6

    Applies to a mansion situated about 35 chains North West of Boughton Lees, and the same distance North East of Eastwell Lake & 35 chains North East of St. Mary's Church. In the occupation of J.H. King Esq. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    2

    St. Mary's Church
    (Rectory)
    [In Roman Print font]

    St. Mary's Church
    (Rectory)

    Rev. J.A. Halloran, Rector of Eastwell & Vicar of Boughton Aluph Parish

    LV/9/5,6

    Applies to the mother Church of the parish of Eastwell situated on the North of Eastwell Lake & about 3 miles North West of Wye

    .

    3

    Walnut Tree Farm
    [In Roman Print font]

    Walnut Tree Farm

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/5

    Applies to a farmstead situated about ¼ mile North of St. Mary's Church & about ½ mile South of Raven Toll. The property of Lord Gerard, In the occupation of H.J. King Esq.
    Note: New Name

    3

    Jack's Hut Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Jack's Hut Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/2

    Applies to a wood situated on the north of RavenToll & ½ mile east of Giddyhorn Toll, owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park
    Note: New Name

    3

    Pear Tree Toll
    [In Roman Print font]

    Pear Tree Toll

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/9/3

    Applies to a wood situated ¼ mile North East of Raven Toll & about ½ mile North West of Old Rook Toll. Owner Lord Gerard of Eastwell Park
    Note:New name

    3

    Pilgrims' Road
    [In German Text font]

    Pilgrims' Road

    Rev. J.A. Halloran, (Vicar)

    LV/9/4

    Applies to an ancient road, which was used by the Pilgrims, extending from London to Canterbury

    . Page 4 not used

    5

    Well Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Well Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/10/2

    Applies to a wood situated about 15 chains North West of All Saints' Church the property of Lord Gerard

    5

    All Saints' Church
    (Vicarage)
    [In Roman Print font]

    All Saints' Church
    (Vicarage)

    Rev. J.A. Halloran (Vicar)

    LV/10/2

    Applies to the morther church of the parish of Boughton Aluph, situated 3 chains South of Boughton Court

    5

    .

    Boughton Aluph
    Omit -no Parish Village

    Rev. J.A. Halloran (Vicar)

    LV/10/2,3

    Applies to the parish village of Boughton Aluph comprising Church farm & 3 dwelling houses situated about ½ mile South West of White Hill & 1 mile North East of Boughton Lees. Principal owner Lord Gerard

    5

    Supposed
    Pilgrims' Road
    [In German Text font]

    Supposed
    Pilgrims' Road

    Rev. J.A. Halloran (Vicar)

    LV/10/2,3,4,5

    An ancient road from London to Canterbury supposed to have been used by Pilgrims

    5

    Fair Lawn

    Fair Lawn

    p.p. Thomas Notlidge Esq. Marsh Street, Ashford

    LV/10/2,3

    Applies to a large residence situated 10 chains South East of All Saints' Church the property of Thomas Notlidge Esq., Marsh Street, Ashford

    .

    6

    Boughton Corner

    Boughton Corner

    Rev J.A. Halloran (Vicar)

    LV/10/2,3

    Applies to a cross way situated about 30 chains ast of Fair Lawn on the main road from Ashford to Canterbury

    6

    White Hill

    White Hill

    E. Lawson Esq, estate agent, Godmersham

    LV/10/3

    A rise in the public road extending from Boughton Corner to Halfway House (P.H.) [public house] at Challock Lees, in a north north westerly direction for about 70 chains this applies to the steep portion of the road.

    6

    Boughton Court

    Boughton Court

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/10/3

    Applies to a farmstead situated about 15 chains North West of Fair Lawn the property of Lord Gerard

    6

    Boughton Lees

    Boughton Lees

    Rev J.A. Halloran (Vicar)

    LV/10/4

    Applies to a village comprising Rectory, School, P? & P.H. [public house], a farm & several dwelling houses situated about 3 miles West of Wye & 3 miles North of Ashford. Principal owner Lord Gerard

    6

    Plantagenet's Well
    [In German text font]

    Plantagenet's Well

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/10/4

    Applies to an ancient well sitauted 12 chains West of Flying Horse P.H.[public house] & on the East side of Eastwell Park and West of Boughton Lees

    .

    7

    Gas Works

    Gas Works

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/10/4

    Applies to a private gas works situated about 8 chains South West of Flying Horse P.H. The property of Lord Gerard

    7

    Reading Room

    Reading Room

    Rev. J.A. Hallowarn (Vicar)

    LV/10/4

    Applies to a building used as a reading rood situted just South of Gas Works

    7

    School

    School

    Rev J.A. Halloran (Vicar)

    LV/10/4

    Applies to a public elementary school situated about 15 chains South West of Flying Horse P.H.

    7

    Flying Horse
    (P.H.) [public house]

    Flying Horse
    (P.H.) [public house]

    David Hales (occupier)

    LV/10/4

    Applies to fully licensed public house situated on North side of Boughton Lees village the property of Lord Gerard

    7

    Brewhouse Farm

    Brewhouse Farm

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/10/5

    Applies to a farmstead sitautd about ½ mile South West of Fair Lawn the property of Lord Gerard

    .

    8

    Perry Court

    Perry Court

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    LV/10/6

    Applies to a farmstead sitauted about 5 chains South West of Boughton Corner. The property of Lord Gerard

    8

    Brickkiln Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Brickkiln Wood

    E. Lawson Esq, estate agent, Godmersham

    LV/10/6

    Applies to a wood situated ¼ mile south of Boughton Corner, the property of E.C.L. Kay Esq. Godemrsham Park, Canterbury [Edward, Cunliffe Lister Lister-Kay]

    8

    Wise's Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Wise's Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Boughton Lees

    Lv/10/2

    Applies to a wood situated about 30 chains East of Boughton Court & 50 chains West of Old Rook Toll. The property of Lord Gerard
    Note: New Name

    8

    Mission Room

    Mission Room

    H. Martin Esq., Boughton Lees

    Lv/10/45

    Applies to a building used as a place of worship by the Baptists in connection with th Baptist Chapel at Ashford, situated in Boughton Lees & about 18 chains North East of the School. The property of H. Martin Esq. Boughton Lees.



    Names collected & entered by C. Gathergood Sapper Royal Engineers in June 1906
    Name etc as altered & initialled in red by J.I. Buckland, Lance Corporal Royal Engineers - July 1906

    PAGE

    List of Names as written on the Plan

    Various modes of Spelling the same Names

    Authority for those modes of Spelling

    Situation
    Sheet/Plan/Trace

    Descriptive Remarks

    1939-40 Updates

    9

    Sandhurst Farm

    Sandhurst Farm

    Mr Ernest Marshland, occupier

    LV/13/5

    A farm house with outhouses attached situate about 10 chains South of Tile Lodge Wood & ½ West of Lenacre Hall. Owner Lord Hothfield, Hothfield Plce, Hothfield

    9

    Alders
    [In Roman Print font]

    Alders

    Mr E. Marshland, occupier

    LV/13/5

    A small plantation situate about 10 chains South West of Sandhurst Farm. Owner Lord Hothfield

    9

    Elvy cottage

    Elvy cottage

    Mr W. Samson occupier

    Lv/13/4

    Applies to a cottage situate about 13 chains North East of Castle Farm. Owner Lord Hothfield

    9

    Kingsland

    Kingsland

    Mr E.J. Brown occupier

    LV/13/4

    A farm with outhouses attached Situate about 24 chains South of Castle Farm, owner Executors of late S. Hart Esq.

    .

    10

    Shoddington

    Shoddington

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/1

    Applies to a farm with outhouses attached, situate about 37 chains North of Castle Farm. Owner Right Honourable Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park, Occupier Annie Pellett

    10

    Sandhurst

    Sandhurst

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/4

    Applies to two cottages sitated about 22 chains East of Kingsland, Owner Lord Gerard

    10

    Sandhurst Plantation

    Sandhurst Plantation

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/4

    A small plantation situate immediately West of Sandhurst & 56 chains South of Shoddington. Owner Lord Gerard.

    10

    Castle Farm

    Castle Farm

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/4

    A farm with outhouses attached situate about 55 chains South West of Eastwell Court.

    .

    11

    Tower Lodge

    Tower Lodge

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/6

    Applies to the entrance to Eastwell Park situate about 12 chains North East of Lenacre Hall. Owner the Right Honourable Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park, Ashford

    .

    12

    Hallsland Lodge

    Hallsland Lodge

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/2

    A lodge Situate about 10 chains East of Keeper's House. Owner the Right Honourable Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    12

    Eastwell Court

    Eastwell Court

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/2

    A residence situate about 15 chains South of Keeper's House. Owner Lord Gerard Eastwell Park

    12

    Lenacre Hall

    Lenacre Hall

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/6

    A farm with outhouses attached situate about 11 chains South West of Tower Lodge & in the district of Goat Lees. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    12

    Goat Lees

    Goat Lees

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/6

    A small district situate in the parish of Boughton Aluph north of Kennington Lees. Owner Lord Gerard

    .

    13

    Podberry Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Podberry Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/2,5

    A wood situate about ½ mile North East of Castle Farm. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    13

    Eastwell Lake
    [In Italic Capitals font]

    Eastwell Lake

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/2,3,

    A large ornamental lake Situate about ½ mile North East of Eastwell court. Owner Lord Gerard Eastwell Park

    13

    Tower Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Tower Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/6

    A wood situate about 10 chains North of Lenacre Hall Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    13

    Tile Lodge Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Tile Lodge Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/5

    A wood situate about 10 chains north East of Sandhurst Farm, owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    .

    14

    Duke's Spring

    Duke's Spring

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/3

    Applies to a spring about 45 chains East of Eastwell Court. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    14

    Dogkennel Plantation

    Dogkennel Plantation

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/2

    A wood situate about 25 chains North East of Shoddington. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    14

    Keeper's House

    Keeper's House

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/2

    Applies to a cottage Situate about 39 chains East of Shoddington, Owner Lord Gerard

    14

    Rectory Wood

    Rectory Wood
    (change of Name)
    Hallsland Plantation
    (Obsolete)

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/2

    A wood situate about 5 chains South of Hallsland Lodge , owner Lord Gerard

    .

    15

    Lake Wood
    [In Roman Print font]

    Lake Wood

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/3,6

    Applies to a wood Situate immediately South of Eastwell Lake & extending to Tower Lodge. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park Note: New Name

    .

    16

    Running Water Plantation
    [In Roman Print font]

    Running Water Plantation

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/6

    A small plantation Situate about 35 chains North West of Ulley Farm. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    16

    Kennington Lees

    Kennington Lees

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/6

    A small district Situate about ½ mile South East of Lenacre Wood. Principal owner Lord Gerard

    16

    Old Rectory

    Old Rectory

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/2

    A residence situate about 15 chains East of Eastwell Court. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park
    Note: New Name

    16

    Old Rectory Plantation
    [In Roman Print font]

    Old Rectory Plantation

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/13/3

    A wood situate about 25 chains South East of Eastwell Court. Owner Lord Gerard Eastwell Park
    Note: New Name

    .

    17

    Home Farm

    Home Farm

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/14/1

    Applies to a large farm house with outhouses attached Situate about 10 chains North of Rectory Owner Lord Gerard Eastwell Park

    17

    Tower Farm

    Tower Farm

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/14/1

    A farm situate about 5 chains North of Rectory. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    17

    Kempe's Hall

    Kempe's Hall

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/14/3

    Applies to a large house made into six cottages, Sitaute about ½ mile West of Spring Grove. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park. Occupier C.H. Castle

    17

    Kempe's Corner

    Kempe's Corner

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. Estate agent, Home Farm, Boughton Lees

    LV/14/2

    A small district Situate about 1 mile West of Wye Station. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park. Occupier C.H. Castle

    .

    18

    Rectory

    Rectory

    Rev J.A. Halloran, Rectory Boughton Aluph

    LV/14/1

    Applies to th residence of the rector, Situate about 55 chains North West of Park Barn Farm & at the south end of Boughton Lees

    18

    Kennington Hall

    Kennington Hall

    Henry Francis Abell Esq. Occupier Boughton Aluph

    LV/14/5

    A residence Situated about 1 mile South East of Home Farm, Owner Mrs Jennings, Canterbury

    18

    Rook Toll
    [In Roman Print font]

    Rook Toll

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. (agent) Home Farm Boughton Aluph

    LV/14/1

    A small plantation Situate immediately West of Tower Farm. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park
    Note: New Name

    18

    Rectory Plantation
    [In Roman Print font]

    Rectory Plantation

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. (agent) Home Farm Boughton Aluph

    LV/14/1

    A wood situate immediately West of Rectory, Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park
    Note: New Name

    .

    19

    The Alders

    The Alders

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. (agent) Home Farm Boughton Aluph

    LV/14/3

    A small wood situate about 10 chains North of Kempe's Hall Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    19

    Wilmington Farm

    Wilmington Farm

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. (agent) Home Farm Boughton Aluph

    LV/14/5

    Applies to a farm with outhouses attached situate about 5 chains North of Kennington Hall

    19

    Park Barn Farm

    Park Barn Farm

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. (agent) Home Farm Boughton Aluph

    LV/14/5

    A farm with outhouses attached Situate about 20 chains North of Wilmington Farm, Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    19

    Ulley Farm

    Ulley Farm

    Henry B. Parsons Esq. (agent) Home Farm Boughton Aluph

    LV/14/4

    Applies to a farm with outhouses attached Situate about 30 chains North East of Kennington Lees. Owner Lord Gerard, Eastwell Park

    .

    20

    Spring Grove Brick Works

    Spring Grove Brick Works

    Mr A. Amos, Occupier, Wye Ashford

    LV/14/3

    Applies to brick works Situate about 1 mile West of Wye Station. Owner Mr Mott, Ampthill Grange, Ampthill

    20

    Spring Grove Farm

    Spring Grove Farm

    Mr A. Amos, Occupier, Wye Ashford

    LV/14/3

    A farm with outhouses attached Situate about 40 chains West of Wye Railway Station. Owner Mr Mott, Apmthill Grange

    20

    Spring Grove

    Spring Grove

    Mr A. Amos, Occupier, Wye Ashford

    LV/14/3

    Applies to a residence situate about 25 chains West of Wye Railway Station. Owner Mr Mott, Ampthill

    .

    22

    Wye Race Course

    Wye Race Course

    Captain Francis Reid (steward) Glenthorne, Wye

    LV/14/6

    Applies to race course situate between Harville Plantation & the South Eastern Railway near Wye Station. Owner Erle Drax Esq., Olantigh Towers, Wye

    22

    Harville Plantation
    [In Roman Print font]

    Harville Plantation

    Captain Francis Reid (steward) Glenthorne, Wye

    LV/14/3

    A small wood situate about 5 chains East of Spring Grove Farm. Owner Erle Drax Esq. Olantigh Towers, Wye

    22

    S.E. & C.R.
    Ashford, Canterbury & Ramsgate Branch
    [In Egyptian Capitals font]

    S.E.& C.R.
    Ashford, Canterbury & Ramsgate Branch
    (Change of Name)
    S.E.R.
    Ashford, Canterbury & Ramsgate Branch
    Obsolete

    See Official List

    LV/14/6

    Applies to a double road of rails used for the conveyance of passengers & goods from Ashford to Ramsgate, the property of the South Eastern & Chatham Railway Company


    Volume signed off by W.H. Johmston, Lieutenant Royal Engineers D.O.H. [dated] 28 February 1907



    Names Collected and entered in January 1940 by P. Tucker T.C.A.

    PAGE

    List of Names as written on the Plan

    Various modes of Spelling the same Names

    Authority for those modes of Spelling

    Situation
    Sheet/Plan/Trace

    Descriptive Remarks

    1939-40 Updates

    21

    .

    Sandyhurst Lane

    A.J. Webster, surveyor, Ashford U.D.C. [Urban District Council]

    55/13/.

    Extend from Potter's Corner on Maidstone Road in a North East direction to meet Faversham Road at Tower Lodge



      [page created  21 June 2014]